Photos: Sadhbh Mowlds
Bild-Werk Frauenau e.V.
Award of Scholarships for Workshops at the International Summer Academy Bild-Werk Frauenau
In 2024, the Alexander Tutsek-Stiftung will for the third time award up to ten scholarships for participation in a workshop at the International Summer Academy Bild-Werk Frauenau. In this way, the foundation would like to support budding artists who work with the medium of glass and make it easier for them to start their careers.
The workshops in Frauenau are led by internationally renowned artists and enable the fellows to expand their professional knowledge and develop artistically through encounters and intensive exchange. The focus is on working with hot and cold glass, complemented by traditional and new design methods, especially in the visual arts. The scholarship enables the artists to experiment with the material glass and to develop and realize their own designs within the framework of the course.
Bild-Werk Frauenau in the Bavarian Forest is one of the most important international forums for glass and visual arts and is known worldwide for its creative exchange atmosphere and specific artistic profile.
The scholarships, endowed with 2,200 euros, are awarded to artists who, at the time of their application, have graduated from an art academy or completed their artistic training at a glass college or university of applied sciences within the last five years.
Conditions of Participation
The scholarship is directed at artists who work with glass and who at the time of application have graduated from an art academy or completed their artistic training at a glass school or technical college within the last five years. There is no age restriction.
Please send your applications by email to email@example.com. Only complete applications will be accepted.
The following documents have to be submitted:
- Contact details: First and last name, postal address, email address, telephone number, website (if available), and bank account details.
- Proof of having completed artistic training at a glass school, technical college, or art academy within the last five years.
- Short biography including artistic training and previous experience in working with the material glass. If applicable, please name publications and exhibitions (1-2 pages in an A4 format) and address the question of what goals you want to achieve with the workshop.
- Illustrations of 4-5 previous works.
4. Closing date and further deadlines
- The program of the Summer Academy Bild-Werk Frauenau will be published on www.bildwerkfrauenau.de on 13.11.2023.
- The deadline for applications is 26 November 2023.
- The Alexander Tutsek-Stiftung will inform applicants until 24 December 2023 per email, if they will receive a scholarship.
- After acceptance, the scholarship holders register for a course directly with Bild-Werk Frauenau by 14 February 2024.
- If the foundation has granted a scholarship, the monies will be paid only after the applicant has received confirmation of participation and a notice to pay from the Summer Academy and has sent a copy of these to the Alexander Tutsek-Stiftung.
5. Final Report
Scholarship recipients must submit a two-to-three-page report documenting their experience as well as photographs of the resulting works to the Alexander Tutsek-Stiftung no later than six weeks after completing the workshop.
6. Image Copyright
Applicants provide the Alexander Tutsek-Stiftung with high-resolution photographs of the works they made at Frauenau (jpeg, 300dpi, max. A4 format). They agree to allow the foundation to use the photos for publication as well as press releases and public relations (including website and social media) free of charge.
In submitting an application, applicants accept the procedures and conditions as described in this call. The decisions of the foundation board are final and not subject to legal recourse.
With their application, candidates accept the data protection declaration of the Alexander Tutsek-Stiftung and consent to the storage and use of their contact data as well as their bank details for the purposes of processing the scholarship as well as maintaining contact in future.
(The English translation above is provided for information purposes only. The German text remains the only official and legally binding version.)